Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/31 21:34:07 UTC

Re: Unwanted behavior of paragraph links in apache.org

Dropping legal-discuss...

I thought that someone in infra or whimsy might have a clue whom to ask if they don't themselves know the answer.

This is an issue with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome (on Mac).

The html around this is:
the bottom of this page</a> for general information.</p>

<h1 id="answers">Answers<a class="headerlink" href="#answers" title="Permanent link">&para;</a></h1>

<h2 id="License">Where can I find the Apache license?<a class="headerlink" href="#License" title="Permanent link">&para;</a></h2>

> On Mar 31, 2019, at 1:32 PM, Hen <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> I can confirm that (Firefox OS X).
>
> It's a general site bug though, not an issue in the content of the legal pages.
>
> I'm not sure where we report those :(
>
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 12:30 PM Craig Russell <apache.clr@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The web pages that have direct paragraph links fail to display the paragraph header.
>
> For example, https://apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#answers <https://apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#answers> does not display the ANSWERS heading. Instead, it hides ANSWERS and the topmost element is "Here are the detailed answers..."
>
> Can this be fixed?
>
> Craig
>
> Craig L Russell
> clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>

Re: Unwanted behavior of paragraph links in apache.org

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps putting the navbar in a separate frame would solve the problem. Then the scrollable frame would not include the navbar.

Do I know how to do that? No.

Craig

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.