Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Peter Gylling Jørgensen <Pe...@frv.dk> on 2007/04/16 14:09:44 UTC

AXIS2 option to run HttpClient in non-multithreadded way?

Dear all,

How can I tweak the HttpClient not to run in a multithreaded environment? I discovered, that my AXIS2 based java client initiates a second connection to the server before the first connection is terminated, thus the server hits a fatal error due to a now known bug in the server code.

But I would like to be capable of continuing the development of the client code while the bug is fixed in the server part.

\pgj
--
Peter Gylling Jørgensen
Modelling group, section of Oceanography

Re: AXIS2 option to run HttpClient in non-multithreadded way?

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I'm surprised - I wouldn't expect the code you have written to multithread.

The normal calls should block unless you use the callbacks in which
case its multi-threaded.

Paul

On 4/16/07, Peter Gylling Jørgensen <Pe...@frv.dk> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> This is the simple code, which cause the problems
>
> // Setup trust
> this.activateTrust();
> if(DbserverStubTest.sslFactory == null) {
>         DbserverStubTest.fatalError = true;
>         Assert.fail();
>         return;
> }
> // Define new protocol
> Protocol trustHttps = new Protocol("https", DbserverStubTest.sslFactory, 6001);
> Protocol.registerProtocol("https", trustHttps);
>
> // Loop joblist and delete jobs
> for(int i=0; i<jobList.length; ++i) {
>         if(!jobList[i].localFIsPublic) {
>                 UnsignedInt jobId = jobList[i].getUiJobId();
>                 DeleteJob deleteJob = new DeleteJob();
>                 deleteJob.setSzUser(DbserverStubTest.user.userName);
>                 deleteJob.setUiJobId(jobId);
>                 try {
>                         log.debug("Will delete private job: "+jobId);
>                         DeleteJobStatus deleteStatus = DbserverStubTest.dbserverStub.DeleteJob(deleteJob);
>                         if(!deleteStatus.localFDeleteOK) {
>                                 log.debug("DeleteStatus: "+deleteStatus.localSzErrorMsg);
>                         }
>                         Thread.sleep(1000l);
>                 } catch (RemoteException e) {
>                         log.error("RemoteException: "+e.getMessage());
>                         log.debug("StackTrace: ",e);
>                         DbserverStubTest.fatalError = true;
>                         Assert.fail();
>                 } catch (InterruptedException e) {
>                         log.error("InterruptedException: "+e.getMessage());
>                         log.debug("StackTrace: ",e);
>                         DbserverStubTest.fatalError = true;
>                         Assert.fail();
>                 }
>         }
> }
>
> What exactly do you mean about the "blocking model"?
>
> \pgj

Paul Fremantle

SV: AXIS2 option to run HttpClient in non-multithreadded way?

Posted by Peter Gylling Jørgensen <Pe...@frv.dk>.
Paul,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Peter

My understanding was that if you used the blocking model and your
client code only made the second call after the first one returned
then all should be fine.

Can you post your client code?

Paul

On 4/16/07, Peter Gylling Jørgensen <Pe...@frv.dk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> How can I tweak the HttpClient not to run in a multithreaded environment? I discovered, that my AXIS2 based java client initiates a second connection to the server before the first connection is terminated, thus the server hits a fatal error due to a now known bug in the server code.
>
> But I would like to be capable of continuing the development of the client code while the bug is fixed in the server part.
>
> \pgj
> --
> Peter Gylling Jørgensen
> Modelling group, section of Oceanography
> Royal Danish Administration of Navigation and Hydrography
> Overgaden o. Vandet 62B DK-1023 København K
> Phone: +45 32 68 96 85
> Email: peg@frv.dk
> www: http://www.frv.dk/

Paul Fremantle