Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/03/30 21:36:32 UTC

[VOTE] Tomcat 4.0 Beta 2 Release Tonight (Fixed Security Vulnerability)

I'd like to propose that we create and publish a Tomcat 4.0 beta 2 release
tonight, based on the current CVS code base.  The primary reason for the
expedited schedule is that this code will include a fix for the "Tomcat
may reveal script source code by URL trickery" security vulnerability, as
well as lots of other bug fixes.

Comments?  Votes?

Craig McClanahan

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 4.0 Beta 2 Release Tonight (Fixed Security Vulnerability)

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> I'd like to propose that we create and publish a Tomcat 4.0 beta 2 release
> tonight, based on the current CVS code base.  The primary reason for the
> expedited schedule is that this code will include a fix for the "Tomcat
> may reveal script source code by URL trickery" security vulnerability, as
> well as lots of other bug fixes.
>
> Comments?  Votes?

+1.

Remy

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 4.0 Beta 2 Release Tonight (Fixed Security Vulnerability)

Posted by horwat <Ju...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Justy

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
> I'd like to propose that we create and publish a Tomcat 4.0 beta 2 release
> tonight, based on the current CVS code base.  The primary reason for the
> expedited schedule is that this code will include a fix for the "Tomcat
> may reveal script source code by URL trickery" security vulnerability, as
> well as lots of other bug fixes.
>
> Comments?  Votes?
>
> Craig McClanahan

+1

Cheers,

Amy

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 4.0 Beta 2 Release Tonight (Fixed Security Vulnerability)

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> I'd like to propose that we create and publish a Tomcat 4.0 beta 2 release
> tonight, based on the current CVS code base.  The primary reason for the
> expedited schedule is that this code will include a fix for the "Tomcat
> may reveal script source code by URL trickery" security vulnerability, as
> well as lots of other bug fixes.
>
> Comments?  Votes?
>
> Craig McClanahan

+1

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 4.0 Beta 2 Release Tonight (Fixed Security Vulnerability)

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/30/01 11:36 AM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that we create and publish a Tomcat 4.0 beta 2 release
> tonight, based on the current CVS code base.  The primary reason for the
> expedited schedule is that this code will include a fix for the "Tomcat
> may reveal script source code by URL trickery" security vulnerability, as
> well as lots of other bug fixes.
>
> Comments?  Votes?
>
> Craig McClanahan

+0