Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jan Vermeulen <ja...@isencia.com> on 2007/03/01 14:40:05 UTC

Re: [Vote] Inheritable model cannot be a wrap model

I really need the small correction, but only in wicket 2.0 (we're already
committed to the new JDK5 features).

As to usability of the combination of wrapOnAssigment & wrapOnInheritance:
* wrapOnAssignment is a great feature, that allows us among other things, to
implement a proxy pattern on models that reduces the detached proxy to just
an id with which to retrieve the original model.
* wrapOnInheritance applied on this proxy allows for the models for any
formComponent to define a custom getObject/setObject behavior without
explicitly having to assign them. And they are equally lightweight on
detach, because they inherit the proxy feature.

Thanks for the support,
Jan.

Posted by Jan Vermeulen <ja...@isencia.com>.
I already created one, but forgot to mention it:

Jan.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.