Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Fabrício Raphael <fa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/29 16:36:00 UTC

Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory

Hi!

I'm with a error follow:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(Ljava/io/File;)Lorg/apache/lucene/store/FSDirectory;

In the code:
File dirIndex = new File("index");
if (dirIndex.exists()) {
    dirIndex.delete();
}
dirIndex.mkdir();
FSDirectory directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(dirIndex); // exception
here

Obs.: The lucene-core-2.4.1.jar is in the classpath of the my project.

Can you help me with this exception?

Now, thanks!

--
Fabrício Raphael Silva Ferreira

home page: http://www.cos.ufrj.br/~fabriciorsf/

Mestrando em Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
Linha de Pesquisa: Banco de Dados
Programa de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
PESC/COPPE/UFRJ

Re: Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Could you also provide the classpath at runtime?
(System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path"));
simon

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
:) no problem - happy to sort it out

Posted by Fabrício Raphael <fa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry guys,

I really had other version of th Lucene (2.0). This jar was in other project
en may eclipse workspace, because I had caught other project from a friend,
to learn better to use the lucene.

I see this when printed what you said.

But, other day it was works, and I already had caught the other project that
used the lucene-2.0.

Sorry very much!

And thanks!

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> If you compiled the code against the same JAR file like you run it, you
> *cannot* get this error. Does the code compile (I see no error).
>
> In my opinion, you have somewhere a really old Lucene version in your
> classpath (e.g. the exclipse bundled one or something like that).
>
> You can simply do a System.out.println of
> LucenePackage.get().getImplementationVersion() to check which version you
> really use.
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

Fabrício Raphael

RE: Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Fabrício Raphael <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Fabrício Raphael <fa...@gmail.com>.
I don't have the .jar of other lucene version.

But, in a moment I used the code of the lucene 2.9dev, that is at the svn,
in my classpath. And after I return to use the lucene-core-2.4.1.jar.
With the code of the svn, I did other code to get the Directory instance,
and it was work.
The code follow:
FSDirectory.open(dirIndex);

But, I want to return to use the lucene 2.4.1, because at the 2.9 the
structure the similarity, score and collecters is much different to 2.4. and
I need customize starting as a baseline on the structure.

Thanks!

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Simon Willnauer <
simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:

> If I recall it correctly this method was introduced in Lucene 2.1. I
> agree with Ian you must have a different lucene version in your
> classpath. Maybe you added the jar to the JDK's  / JRE's ext directory
> or some other obscure place?!
>
> simon
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Ian Lea<ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You've probably got some other version of lucene somewhere in the
> > classpath, one that doesn't have that method in that class.  It is
> > there in 2.4.1, wasn't there in 1.4.3, so no doubt appeared somewhere
> > in between.  And is deprecated in 2.9-dev.
> >

> > --
> > Ian.
> >

> > 2009/7/29 Fabrício Raphael <fa...@gmail.com>:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm with a error follow:
> >> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(Ljava/io/File;)Lorg/apache/lucene/store/FSDirectory;
> >>
> >> In the code:
> >> File dirIndex = new File("index");
> >> if (dirIndex.exists()) {
> >>    dirIndex.delete();
> >> }
> >> dirIndex.mkdir();
> >> FSDirectory directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(dirIndex); // exception
> >> here
> >>
> >> Obs.: The lucene-core-2.4.1.jar is in the classpath of the my project.
> >>
> >> Can you help me with this exception?
> >>
> >> Now, thanks!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Fabrício Raphael Silva Ferreira
> >>
> >> home page: http://www.cos.ufrj.br/~fabriciorsf/<http://www.cos.ufrj.br/%7Efabriciorsf/>
> >>
> >> Mestrando em Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
> >> Linha de Pesquisa: Banco de Dados
> >> Programa de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
> >> Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
> >> PESC/COPPE/UFRJ

Fabrício Raphael

Re: Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.