Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "r.edwinvijay" <r....@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 01:44:51 UTC

How do i use HWPFDocument to insert rows to a table in .doc file

Hello All,

I have a requirement to programatically insert rows into a table contained
in a Word Document. I got to a point where i could read existing rows and
columns.

I saw a few posts which said using TableProperties would work but the
resulting Word Doc would become corrupted. I have a couple of questions
which i find difficult to get answers.

1) Is it possible at all to create or modify tables in a existing word .DOC
using Apache POI?
2) If not Apache POI is there any other open source lib which can do this? I
have come a long way with Apache POI and would not want to startover with a
new one.

If someone has an example to do this, it would be very helpful.. Thanks in
advance...