Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@redhat.com> on 2004/06/16 16:19:54 UTC

removing SSL deprecated classes

Is there a reason that we are continuing to use the com.sun.net.ssl
classes for SSL?  The javax.net.ssl classes are in JSSE 1.0.3_03 at least,
and it would mean that we could have a clean compile if we moved to the
non-deprecated classes.

Ryan

Re: removing SSL deprecated classes

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Is there a reason that we are continuing to use the com.sun.net.ssl
> classes for SSL?  The javax.net.ssl classes are in JSSE 1.0.3_03 at least,
> and it would mean that we could have a clean compile if we moved to the
> non-deprecated classes.

Don't know off-hand, thought I suspect backwards compatibility.  I'd be +1 on
switching to the javax classes in HEAD.