Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Nikhil Chandrappa <nc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/08/19 23:31:02 UTC

WAN Gateway authentication

Hi,

I have configured a simple client authenticator in clusters using the
property -

security-client-authenticator=com.company.security.MyAuthenticatorImpl.create

When i'm trying to start WAN gateways, I see the following exception in the
logs

GatewayReceiver connection from [gateway host address=xx.xx.xx.xx; gateway
port=xxxx]: Security Exception: No security-* properties are provided

I see only these *gateway-ssl-* *properties in documentation, which are
used for configuring SSL in WAN gateways.

Documentation around authentication for Gateway senders and receiver are
not clear.
so, I wanted to know how to configure WAN gateway with authentication?

Thanks,
Nikhil

--

*Nikhil Chandrappa *| Data Engineer | New York

(315) 396 - 3789 | nchandrappa@pivotal.io | Pivotal Software Inc.
<http://www.pivotal.io/>

Re: WAN Gateway authentication

Posted by Barry Oglesby <bo...@pivotal.io>.
Nikhil,

Attached is a client/server/wan authentication example. It has a readme
that describes how to run it.

Thanks,
Barry Oglesby

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.
Say your sites that are connected over WAN are called ds1 and ds2.
If you have installed a security-client-authenticator in ds1, then you will
have to define a security-client-auth-init=myAuthPkg.myAuthInitImpl.create in
ds2, which will pass in the credentials for connecting to the servers in
ds1.
You can assume that your gateway senders/receivers are clients to the other
distributed system.

Thanks!
Swapnil.