Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 13:08:50 UTC

Process to build the full javadoc

What's the process to build the full javadoc site at:
    http://incubator.apache.org/cxf/javadoc/latest/

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Process to build the full javadoc

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Yea, for the most part, we've kept the source jars and javadoc stuff out
of the normal build as they just take too long to run.   The build is
long enough as it is.   They are in the deploy profile as we DO want
them when we deploy.  (and the release plugin is setup to use the deploy
profile)

One important thing in how CXF does the javadoc:  it unpacks all the
source jars and runs javadoc on the whole thing.  Thus, the source jars
need to be created and installed first.  If not, it barfs.   The latest
javadoc plugin does have the ability to do aggregate javadoc from the
top level pom, but that version then makes the build about 20x slower as
it forks lifecylces all over the place.   The next version of javadoc
plugin will probably have separate goals for aggregate and non-aggregate
javadoc things.

Dan

<bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's beyond my ken. What Dan coached me to do was this:
> >
> >  1) Deploy a full snapshot
> >  2) Pick up the javadoc jar from the bundle directory in the
> >  people.apache.org repo.
> >
> >  On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >  > Not sure if it's related to the recent changes, but when I run
> >  >   mvn install javadoc:jar
> >  > inside the distributions/bundle directory, I don't have any
> >  > javadoc jars generated.
> >  >
> >  > On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Benson Margulies
> >  > <bi...@gmail.com>
> >  >
> >  > wrote:
> >  > > You manually unpack the javadoc jar from the bundle artifact.
> >  > >
> >  > >
> >  > >
> >  > >  On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Guillaume Nodet
> >  > > <gn...@gmail.com>
> >  >
> >  > wrote:
> >  > >  > What's the process to build the full javadoc site at:
> >  > >  >    http://incubator.apache.org/cxf/javadoc/latest/
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > --
> >  > >  > Cheers,
> >  > >  > Guillaume Nodet
> >  > >  > ------------------------
> >  > >  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> >  >
> >  > --
> >  > Cheers,
> >  > Guillaume Nodet
> >  > ------------------------
> >  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: Process to build the full javadoc

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I was interested in the process, not the result, as I want to do
the same for ServiceMix.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet