Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/06/14 03:02:22 UTC

Using "In Progress" status in JIRA

Folks

It seems that we do not use "In Progress" status in JIRA as often as we should. Issues seem to change from "Open" to "Resolved" directly. IMHO marking an issue "In Progress" provides much better visibility and helps communicate to community that you are working on that item.

If for whatever reason you stop working on that item and will not attend to it you can always mark it back as "Open".

For 4.2 I see that 40 features/ improvement tickets changed from "Open" to "Resolved" directly. And for Bugs "509" bugs moved from "Open" to "Resolved" directly.

Thanks
Animesh

Re: Using "In Progress" status in JIRA

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 08:00:33AM +0000, Koushik Das wrote:

> [...]

+1 if it's a quick fix / change.  IMO, setting the In Progress status is
a "nice thing to do for the community" when something is going to take a
long time to work on.

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.

I don't see any issues in that.