Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Matt Turner (matttur)" <ma...@cisco.com> on 2015/05/01 13:21:06 UTC

Listening for topology events in 4.1.0

Hi Devs,

I want to write a utility that listens for topology events using the org.apache.stratos.messaging library. There seem to be several ways to use this library. What is the proper way to do this in Stratos 4.1.0? Is there an example I can look at?

Thanks,
Matt Turner
Software Engineer
Cisco

Re: Listening for topology events in 4.1.0

Posted by "Matt Turner (matttur)" <ma...@cisco.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Thanks for the example, but I think you are correct that it is out of date. Please tell me when you update this to match master branch!

Thanks,
Matt

On 01/05/2015 20:38, "Imesh Gunaratne" <im...@apache.org>> wrote:

Hi Matt,

You could refer below client:
https://github.com/imesh/stratos-event-publisher

This may not up to date, however you should be able to get an idea. I will be updating this soon to match with the master branch.

Thanks

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>> wrote:
Hi Matt,

In that case you can reuse the messaging library in such as way we are using it in Stratos component.In the messaging module we already have all the receivers, so you can reuse them as it is with your utility.

I think you can first refer how the event receiver classes used in Stratos component. As an example you can refer "ApplicationEventReceiver" in cloud controller component where we are using the ApplicationsEventReceiver from the messaging library.As a start up I think you can follow it up from there and you can try to reuse the same thing in your module.

Thanks,
Gayan

--

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: Listening for topology events in 4.1.0

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Matt,

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi Matt,