Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Chance, Sam" <sg...@nps.navy.mil> on 2002/09/11 02:09:39 UTC

FORM VALIDATION

Can someone tell me how to do form validation of an xml document against
its schema on the client side, prior to storing the xml doc in Xindice?

I am a new developer and I have a small Xindice webapp that stores
bibliography instances.  I would like to be able to validate the add
form against its schema prior to submitting to Xindice.

Thank you!
Sam

Re: FORM VALIDATION

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 05:09 PM, Chance, Sam wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to do form validation of an xml document against
> its schema on the client side, prior to storing the xml doc in Xindice?
>
> I am a new developer and I have a small Xindice webapp that stores
> bibliography instances.  I would like to be able to validate the add
> form against its schema prior to submitting to Xindice.

Doing a JAXP parse with validation turned on should be sufficient as
long as you're using a parser that does Schema validation.  The latest
version of Xerces should do it for you.

--
Tom Bradford - CTO - The dbXML Group - http://www.dbxml.com
Apache Xindice (XML Database) - http://xml.apache.org/xindice