Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Lampert <ja...@touchtonecorp.com> on 2012/01/24 22:40:24 UTC

Question about certificate durations

I notice that the self-signed certificates I've been generating have the
default 90-day validity period.

Does this have any bearing on the validity period once I get the
keystore signed by a CA?

--
JHHL

P.S.: I haven't heard from anybody, here or on the Java400-L list, since
I posted the environment variables on my crash-on-takeoff problem.

Re: Question about certificate durations

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
James Lampert wrote:

> P.S.: I haven't heard from anybody, here or on the Java400-L list, since
> I posted the environment variables on my crash-on-takeoff problem.

That is not too surprising, I think.  It is not for lack of desire to help, but in 3 years
or so on this list, yours may be the first messages I have seen about running on an
AS-400.  99% of the people here seem to work under Linux or Windows, with the very
occasional Solaris and even more occasional HP-UX platform thrown in.