Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Alan Federman <fe...@quest.arc.nasa.gov> on 1998/12/18 22:52:25 UTC

mod_auth-any/3559: .htaccess files ignored, misread

>Number:         3559
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       .htaccess files ignored, misread
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
In the case of a DBM file - the .htaccess  file would bring up the login box
but would not accept any password as valid - AuthDBM was compiled in and the
datbase can be listed and modified via cgi - but won't allow login.

in the case of AuthFileName - the 'Headers" directive produces an error message
saying the headers module has not been compiled in. With the headers
directive out the dialog box comes up but you still can't login.

If I remove the .htaccess file and include the information in access.conf
the same problems exist.  I have capitalized  and put quotes arround strings
with little effect.
http://topweb.arc.nasa.gov/database
>Fix:
The rules for parsing .htaccess files have obviously changed - we need to know
the proper syntax.