Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by ZZZ Liu <z2...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/31 04:58:13 UTC

Is it platform independant if I use upper() and like '%'?

Hi All,

I am using ojb as the persistence layer and assume
that I don't need to re-write my code if I need to
switch to a different database. However, if I use

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.addEqualTo("upper(firstname)", "TOM");
crit.addLike("firstname", "T%");

Is it still platform independant?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

Zhe

Re: Is it platform independant if I use upper() and like '%'?

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi zhe,

upper is not platform independent. i'm not sure about the '%' most dbms accept
it but ms-access uses '*' .

jakob