Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it> on 2012/05/08 15:48:45 UTC

SPML Support

Hi Everybody,

in Syncope Roadmap, even though Rest API it'a fastest approach,
do you already evaluated introduction of standard SPML
suppport (ref. [1])?

Bye,
Denis.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=provision
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_Provisioning_Markup_Language

R: SPML Support

Posted by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it>.
Hi Francesco and Fabio,

I agree with you. Actually SPML it's not an essential feature,
and I think that roadmap items priority it's correct
(there are more important features to implement and
Rest and Java API can already cover integration issue).

Which standard is the best to implement it's difficult to say,
reading [4] SCIM should be better so, in this moment,
I think that the decision can be postponed ;).

Bye,
Denis

[3] http://idlogger.me/2012/01/13/thoughts-on-scim/
[4] http://blog.sailpoint.com/2011/12/scim/

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: SPML Support

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Re: SPML Support

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 08/mag/2012, alle ore 15.48, Denis Signoretto ha scritto:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> in Syncope Roadmap, even though Rest API it'a fastest approach,
> do you already evaluated introduction of standard SPML
> suppport (ref. [1])?

Hi Denis,
we already evaluated SPML at the beginning of the project.
At that time the adoption of this standard seemed to be a little bit in reduction so we thoughts that the effort to implement a SPML interface for Syncope was unjustified.
Personally, today I think the same and a simple search with google give me a sort of confirmation to my idea.

Regards,
F.