Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "E. Michael Akerman" <mi...@exchange.uark.edu> on 2010/01/14 18:43:42 UTC

MapUtils.getInteger

MapUtils.getInteger(Map,Object) sends:

    Exception: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable number: ""

To System.out when invoked on an empty String.

    The document reflects that if conversion fails, "null" is returned -- which I was quite happy with.  However,  there's no mention of the side effect on the System.out, and it's filling up my server logs.

Can either the A) documentation be updated or the B) code modified to remove the garbage on System.out?

I'd be happy to offer a change for either "A" or "B" of the above.

Michael Akerman
Systems Analyst
University IT Services

Re: [Collections] MapUtils.getInteger

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/01/2010, E. Michael Akerman <mi...@exchange.uark.edu> wrote:
> > Which library are you referring to?
> >

>  Collections 3.2.1
>
>  ---
>

>  Commons Collections MapUtils.getInteger(Map,Object) sends:
>
>    Exception: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable number: ""
>
>  To System.out when invoked on an empty String.

Yes, there is a call to logInfo() if the parse fails.

>    The document reflects that if conversion fails, "null" is returned --
> which I was quite happy with.  However,  there's no mention of the side
> effect on the System.out, and it's filling up my server logs.
>
>  Can either the A) documentation be updated or the B) code modified to
> remove the garbage on System.out?
>
>  I'd be happy to offer a change for either "A" or "B" of the above.

Can you file a JIRA issue for this please?

Posted by "E. Michael Akerman" <mi...@exchange.uark.edu>.

Re: MapUtils.getInteger

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/01/2010, E. Michael Akerman <mi...@exchange.uark.edu> wrote:
> MapUtils.getInteger(Map,Object) sends:

Which library are you referring to?

There are lots of Commons projects.

Please also start the subject line with [componentname],
e.g. [ABCD] MapUtils.getInteger
if you are referring to Commons Abcd