Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Venu Kanaparthy <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/22 17:54:15 UTC

Axis and .Net interoperability

Hi folks,

I have a webservice (created in java and deploy with apache axis) that returns
custom data types to the client. VB.NET is the client.

I am importing schema into my wsdl file from a different namespace and
created a valid WSDL. I tested the web service with XML spy soap request and
i got complex types as expected.
but when i am add a web reference in VB.NET i am getting the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\venu.ERC-WIN\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\WindowsApplication2\Web References\ManholeRpc\Reference.map(1): Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. Unable to import binding 'GetManholeSoapPortRPCSoapBinding' from namespace 'http://erc.msstate.com/GetManholeRPC'. Unable to import operation 'getManholeRPC'. Use elements (not attributes) for fields/parameters.

I have my actual WSDL and axis created wsdl (and also the remote schema i am importing in wsdl) at following links :
Main - http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~venu/question/actual.wsdl.bak
Axis generated - http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~venu/question/axis.wsdl
Imported Schema - http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~venu/question/feature.xsd

Please take a look at them and give me some advice. Your advice is valuable input.
Thanks,
Venu