Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Greg Dunn <gr...@mo.nisc.cc> on 2003/08/29 19:36:42 UTC

[HttpClient] IOException on Unix box

I'm using HttpClient to do credit card payment authorization.  My app works
running under various flavors of Windows but when deployed on a Unix system
Compaq Tru64 (sp?) I'm getting an IOException on execution of the post:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate

Any ideas?

Greg

Re: [HttpClient] IOException on Unix box

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
It sounds like the Compaq JVM accepts a different set of SSL certifing
authorities.  Sun JVMs accept SSL certs signed by Thawte and Verisign in
pre 1.4 JVMs, plus a bunch of new ones in 1.4+ JVMs.  Your options are
as follows:

  - get an SSL cert that is verified by an authority that the Compaq JVM
will accept.
  - import the SSL cert into the JVMs trusted keystore.  Check JVM docs
for more details.
  - use a custom SSL socket factory
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html>.

Enjoy,