Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Dix <Jo...@amdocs.com> on 2013/09/04 19:51:33 UTC

maven 3.x and parent pom dependencies

Hello,

I am wanting to determine how maven determines where parent poms are if the <relativePath> tag is not in the <parent> section of a pom. Can someone please point me to where in the source code I should set a breakpoint and start look for this?

Thanks!

John "Caolan" Dix
Programming Sr. SME, Digital Commerce
Amdocs Digital Services Division
o: 206-288-0334 m: 425.351.7340

AMDOCS | EMBRACE CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE SUCCESS

Did you know...?
Amdocs Mobile Payments enables operators to manage any number of app stores, merchants and aggregators and generate revenues from digital content and mobile commerce

Follow Amdocs on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/amdocsinc/>, Twitter<http://twitter.com/AmdocsInc>, LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/amdocs>, YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/amdocsinc> and Google+<https://plus.google.com/105657940751678445194> - and read the latest on the Amdocs blog network<http://blogs.amdocs.com/>.

Re: maven 3.x and parent pom dependencies

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
On 9/5/13 12:42 PM, John Dix wrote:
> Thanks but I wanted to debug it and figure out how the maven code goes about resolving it the parent pom paths. However being new to the source code, I am not sure where to start which is why I asked the question.

IIRC, it's a default value (../pom.xml actually, I think) that's coded
into the Model class in the maven-model project/artifact.

John Casey
GitHub - http://github.com/jdcasey

RE: maven 3.x and parent pom dependencies

Posted by John Dix <Jo...@amdocs.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.