Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Husain, Yavar" <yh...@firstam.com> on 2011/11/23 11:57:49 UTC

DIH Strange Problem

I am using Solr 1.4.1 on Windows/MS SQL Server and am using DIH for importing data. Indexing and all was working perfectly fine. However today when I started full indexing again, Solr halts/stucks at the line "Creating a connection for entity........." There are no further messages after that. I can see that DIH is busy and on the DIH console I can see "A command is still running", I can also see total rows fetched = 0 and total request made to datasource = 1 and time is increasing however it is not doing anything. This is the exact configuration that worked for me. I am not really able to understand the problem here. Also in the index directory where I am storing the index there are just 3 files: 2 segment files + 1  lucene*****-write.lock file.
data-config.xml:
<dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" driver="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
url="jdbc:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433;databaseName=SampleOrders" user="testUser" password="password"/>
<document>

Logs:

INFO: Server startup in 2016 ms
Nov 23, 2011 4:11:27 PM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter doFullImport
INFO: Starting Full Import
Nov 23, 2011 4:11:27 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/dataimport params={command=full-import} status=0 QTime=11
Nov 23, 2011 4:11:27 PM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SolrWriter readIndexerProperties
INFO: Read dataimport.properties
Nov 23, 2011 4:11:27 PM org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2 deleteAll
INFO: [] REMOVING ALL DOCUMENTS FROM INDEX
Nov 23, 2011 4:11:27 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrDeletionPolicy onInit
INFO: SolrDeletionPolicy.onInit: commits:num=1
               commit{dir=C:\solrindexes\index,segFN=segments_6,version=1322041133719,generation=6,filenames=[segments_6]
Nov 23, 2011 4:11:27 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrDeletionPolicy updateCommits
INFO: newest commit = 1322041133719
Nov 23, 2011 4:11:27 PM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$1 call
INFO: Creating a connection for entity SampleText with URL: jdbc:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433;databaseName=SampleOrders
</PRE>
<BR>
******************************************************************************************<BR>This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the<BR>addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are<BR>not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,<BR>you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly<BR>prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by<BR>replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you.~<BR>
******************************************************************************************<BR>
FAFLD<BR>