Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 09:25:06 UTC

Getting logs in kakfaServer-gc.log even if Log level is set to OFF in log4j.properties

Hi

I am using kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0.tar.gz bundle.

I have set Log level as "OFF" in log4j.properties file and according to
this log level,the logging is off(there should be no log generation in any
.log file).

But Kafka is generating logs in kafkaServer-gc.log file.Please tell if
logging of this particular file is handling in any other way?

--
*Moniii*

Re: Getting logs in kakfaServer-gc.log even if Log level is set to OFF in log4j.properties

Posted by Yury Ruchin <yu...@gmail.com>.
That kafkaServer-gc.log contains GC logs produced by the JVM. The JVM GC
logging options are set in kafka-run-class.sh script from Kafka
distribution. GC logging is enabled by default. You should be able to
override the default behavior with KAFKA_GC_LOG_OPTS variable (never tried
it myself though).