Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Walker Joe <Jo...@barclaycard.co.uk> on 2000/09/27 16:29:11 UTC

Reading from CVS

Does anyone know if/how to get Ant to checkout from CVS when you are behind
a corp. firewall?

I've been given the chance to do some devt on ant at work, but the only
outbound holes in the firewall are 80 and 443 (and perhaps (indirectly)
SMTP). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe.

Legal Disclaimer:-

Please be aware that messages sent over
the Internet may not be secure and should
not be seen as forming a legally binding
contract unless otherwise stated.

Re: Reading from CVS

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 WJ> Does anyone know if/how to get Ant to checkout from CVS when you
 WJ> are behind a corp. firewall?

Maybe you could get CVSup or rsync to do the job for you, take a look
at <http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html>.

I guess you best option - as long as you only need read access - is to
pick up the nightly builds from
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/nightly/> and maybe apply the
diffs included in the commit messages yourself.

Stefan

Re: Reading from CVS

Posted by Dirk Weigenand <Di...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

Walker Joe wrote:

> Does anyone know if/how to get Ant to checkout from CVS when you are behind
> a corp. firewall?
>
> I've been given the chance to do some devt on ant at work, but the only
> outbound holes in the firewall are 80 and 443 (and perhaps (indirectly)
> SMTP). Any ideas?

There has been a patch to CVS to do this. The idea was to to tunnel this over
port 80 i believe.

I don't have details handy but what prevented me from using it was that the
requirement was that the CVS server listen on one of the above ports (don't
quote me on this ;).

Have a look at cyclic's home page. You should be able to find it from there.

Regards,
	Dirk
--
Daddy, what does "format disk c: complete" mean?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?