Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@spam-box.de> on 2006/01/26 11:26:01 UTC

Reject Virus Emails

Hi,

was testing the ClamAV mailet and want to simple rejet the message with
an bounce .. is it possible ?

bye

Re: Reject Virus Emails

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> was testing the ClamAV mailet and want to simple rejet the message with
> an bounce .. is it possible ?

I discourage it because most time virus messages "from"s are spoofed and
so james would start sending "spam" around the internet.

Stefano

Re: Reject Virus Emails

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> hmm.. you thing its not a good option to reject it via smtp ?
> I thought it will be..

Reject via SMTP would be good but you need to rewrite the SMTP server
implementation. James trunk will support customized CmdHandlers for SMTP
but we currently don't have such a cmdhandler that reject a message
after passing it to clamAV.

Stefano

Re: Reject Virus Emails

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@spam-box.de>.
hmm.. you thing its not a good option to reject it via smtp ?
I thought it will be..

But is it possible to reject mail via a mailet ? and how ?
We have implememt a mailet that checks the mysqldb for blacklist entries
for the recip.. And want to reject the emails from the senders that are
blacklisted..