Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/20 21:51:18 UTC

[m2] plugin dependency exclusions

Hi there,

Is there any plans for an exclusions block for plugin dependencies
within the pom?  I have a use-case of wanting to exclude slf4j-simple
from the jetty6 plugin in order to use an alternative implementation.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: [m2] plugin dependency exclusions

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 21/03/06, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm afraid I don't see the connection with my problem and the above
> > issues - I'm trying to remove dependencies from the m2 runtime
> > classpath, not from a generated artifact.
>
> Ah that wasn't clear to me at first. Ignore the rest of my comments.
>
> > I did search but couldn't find a thread detailing a similar problem.
> > Has anyone got any further ideas?
>
> Never seen this use case before. I'd suspect your "only" way of doing
> this is by creating your own private jetty6 plugin with your specific
> dependency requirements.

Thanks for the response.  I've raised an issue so this doesn't get lost:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2163

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I'm afraid I don't see the connection with my problem and the above
> issues - I'm trying to remove dependencies from the m2 runtime
> classpath, not from a generated artifact.

Ah that wasn't clear to me at first. Ignore the rest of my comments.

> I did search but couldn't find a thread detailing a similar problem.
> Has anyone got any further ideas?

Never seen this use case before. I'd suspect your "only" way of doing
this is by creating your own private jetty6 plugin with your specific
dependency requirements.

Wayne

Re: [m2] plugin dependency exclusions

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 20/03/06, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The easiest way to achieve this is to just add the dependency to your
> pom with <scope>provided</scope>

I've tried this in both the plugin dependency and main dependency
blocks, but it doesn't exclude the dependency.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.