Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Giovanni <iz...@libero.it> on 2007/09/07 16:45:38 UTC

Testing problems with WSRP4J proxy-portlet

I have installed, I presume correctly, Producer and Consumer of WSRP4J
but I do not succeed to test the operation of the proxy-portlet
the error that turns out to me is following

SERIOUS: Servlet.service () for servlet WSRP4JPortletA threw exception
org.apache.wsrp4j.com mons.exception.WSRPException: Producer does not
offer to portlet with the given handle.

the WSRP4J-TestPortlet is correctly installed and appears between those
offering from the Producer

I have used also the PortletConfig Portlet but if I try to add a Portlet
in dynamic way I obtain the following errors

org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer.configportlet.exception.ConfigPortletException: Error while instantiating xml engine

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

the used JDK is the v.1.5.0_11
the web server is Apache Tomcat v.5.5.23
the portlet container is Pluto v.1.1.4

you can help me to configure the proxy-portlet correctly?

Re: Testing problems with WSRP4J proxy-portlet

Posted by Giovanni <iz...@libero.it>.
Giovanni ha scritto:

>  >> I have used also the PortletConfig Portlet but if I try to add a
>  >> Portlet in dynamic way I obtain the following errors
>  >> ....
>
> I have installed Xalan and now the PortletConfig Portlet allows the
> added one of a portlet selecting it from those offering from the WSRP4J
> producer, but if I carry out the deploying of this portlet I obtain a
> message (not an error) of the type
>
> The requested resource
> (/wsrp4j-proxyportlet/PlutoInvoker/WSRP4JTestPortlet) is not available
>

> some suggestion?

I have found a solution that seems to work:
it consists in modifying the file web.xml of the directory

\wsrp4j-proxyportlet\WEB-INF

adding the following nodes

<servlet>
      <servlet-name>WSRP4JTestPortlet</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
         <init-param>
             <param-name>portlet-name</param-name>
             <param-value>WSRP4JTestPortlet</param-value>
         </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>WSRP4JTestPortlet</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/PlutoInvoker/WSRP4JTestPortlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

the proxy-portlet therefore it works but it does not visualize the
contained image in the first page of the WSRP4J TestPortlet

Re: Testing problems with WSRP4J proxy-portlet

Posted by Giovanni <iz...@libero.it>.
Elliot Metsger ha scritto:
> WSRP has been undergoing some development lately which might result in
> the codebase being unstable.
>
> What subversion revision number and URL are you building WSRP4J from?

I use
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/wsrp4j/trunk

the revision number, I suppose, is  573805

WSRP4J version in the pom.xml is
<version>0.5-SNAPSHOT</version>

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.