Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> on 2004/02/27 15:23:09 UTC

make dependency problem with new makefiles

In case it isn't obvious, there is a dependency problem that some make
implementations complain about.  Here is Solaris make:

$ make
make: Warning: Infinite loop: Target `include/apr_pools.h' depends on itself
Current working directory /export/home/trawick/apache/apr
make: Warning: Infinite loop: Target `include/apr_pools.h' depends on itself
Current working directory /export/home/trawick/apache/apr
make: Warning: Infinite loop: Target `include/apr_pools.h' depends on itself
Current working directory /export/home/trawick/apache/apr

z/OS make has similar complaints when using Sascha's non-python rewrite of the
new system.

Re: make dependency problem with new makefiles

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> In case it isn't obvious, there is a dependency problem that some make
> implementations complain about.  Here is Solaris make:

<moron alert>
I forgot I had Sascha's patch on this box too...  please keep moving, ignore
the slobbering fool
</moron>