Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Nicola Ferraro <ni...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/16 22:24:20 UTC

[HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Hi folks,
after some months of brainstorming with the community and a bit more than
one month of development, our Camel K project has reached a good level of
stability and I've published the first blog post about it yesterday.

For those of you who haven't heard of Camel K, it's now a subproject of
Apache Camel (https://github.com/apache/camel-k) with the target of
building a lightweight runtime for running integration code directly on
cloud platforms like Kubernetes and Openshift. It was inspired by
"serverless" principles and it will also target Knative shortly.

With the exception of the runtime code, that remains the good old Camel
Java framework with 200+ components and full of EIPs, most of the
"operator" code in Camel K is written in Go. But the new language has not
stopped many adventurer Camel developers that have actively contributed to
the project during last month. We still have a long way in front of us,
let's continue to make Camel great!

So, please.. check the project out! Spread it to the world!
And provide your feedback, so we can make it always better. We love any
kind of contribution!

Links follow..

Announcement: https://twitter.com/ni_ferraro/status/1051872786946363392
Article: https://www.nicolaferraro.me/2018/10/15/introducing-camel-k/
Home: https://github.com/apache/camel-k

Nicola

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Congratulations!

This is an amazing work!

regards,

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
YAY!

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Awesome and very well done, kudos!

Babak

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Posted by Alex Dettinger <al...@gmail.com>.
Whaoo, I've had a look at introducing-camel-k
<https://www.nicolaferraro.me/2018/10/15/introducing-camel-k/> from Nicolas
and that's awesome.
Well done guys !

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Posted by Alex Dettinger <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HEADS UP] Camel K is here!

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@redhat.com>.
I love it. Great to see Camel truly delivering on its "integrate
everything" mission.

- Ashwin...
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer &
Enterprise Integration Practice Lead, North America
Red Hat
http://www.redhat.com

Mobile: (972)-971-1700
Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com