Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Suman N <Su...@curamsoftware.com> on 2010/01/12 12:53:02 UTC

Tentative release date for Apache Ant 1.8 stable version.

Hi,

I could see that Apache Ant 1.8.0 RC1 (Release Candidate 1) is scheduled for release on 12th Jan 2010.
Can I Know the exact or tentative date for release of Ant 1.8 stable version?

Cheers,
Suman.N

Re: AW: AW: Tentative release date for Apache Ant 1.8 stable version.

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Thanks.
> - I am not familiar with the last update step (getting online)

Hello Jan,
I think there is  a cron job which updates the site. What I do otherwise
is to login to my account @ people.apache.org, cd to /www/ant.apache.org
and run svn update.
I did a svn switch for the directory of the manual to make it display a
particular tag.

> - I want to have a recheck this note

It is OK with me. Let's see if other committers chime in.
> Jan

Regards,

Antoine

AW: AW: Tentative release date for Apache Ant 1.8 stable version.

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Jan,

Posted by Suman N <Su...@curamsoftware.com>.
Thanks very much Antoine. This information was very useful to plan our ANT upgrades.

Cheers,
Suman.N

> I could see that Apache Ant 1.8.0 RC1 (Release Candidate 1) is scheduled for release on 12th Jan 2010.
> Can I Know the exact or tentative date for release of Ant 1.8 stable version?

I would think it will be in one to two months maximum, so between mid
February and mid March.
> Cheers,
> Suman.N

Regards,

Antoine

Re: Tentative release date for Apache Ant 1.8 stable version.

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi Suman,

Suman N wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could see that Apache Ant 1.8.0 RC1 (Release Candidate 1) is scheduled for release on 12th Jan 2010.
> Can I Know the exact or tentative date for release of Ant 1.8 stable version?

I would think it will be in one to two months maximum, so between mid
February and mid March.
> Cheers,
> Suman.N

Regards,