Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by EPaulson <er...@cymbalfusion.com> on 2007/04/21 06:59:25 UTC

Google Analytics

I am trying to set up Google Analytics for my site AND Google Webtools.

Can anyone tell me where exactly to place the verfication <meta> tag for
Google Verification AND where to place the
code block for Analytics.  I've tried Header.ftl but it doesn't seem to be
working.

I searched the forum first, but could not find an answer...my apologies if
it's been answered before.

Thanks,
Erik

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Put the meta in header.ftl (will be put in <head>) and Google script in
footer.ftl (will be put in <body>)

Jacques

De : "G.Venkata Phanindra" <ph...@gmail.com>
> Hi ..
>  We need to place the meta tag in Header and the java script in
footer, in
> between two <script tags>
>  If u can exactly point the problem it will be great ....
> Do use firefox script debugger to know if there is any problem with
the java
> script added
>
> regards
> Phani
>
> On 4/21/07, Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
> >
> > More often than not this code actually goes in the footer - and yes
its a
> > small chunk of code that you embed in your page.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tim
> > --
> > Tim Ruppert
> > HotWax Media
> > http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
> >
> > o:801.649.6594
> > f:801.649.6595
> >

> > On Apr 20, 2007, at 11:04 PM, Chris Howe wrote:
> >
> > Hi Erik,
> > I have no personal experience with Google Analytics, but I suspect
> > you're looking to include a small chunk of code in the <head>
section
> > on every page in the ecommerce application?  If that is correct,
then
> > header.ftl is the correct location, however there are multiple
> > header.ftl files in ofbiz. The one you're looking for for the
ecommerce
> > application is located at

ofbiz.home/applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/includes/header.ftl

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by "G.Venkata Phanindra" <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi ..
 We need to place the meta tag in Header and the java script in footer, in
between two <script tags>
 If u can exactly point the problem it will be great ....
Do use firefox script debugger to know if there is any problem with the java
script added

regards
Phani

On 4/21/07, Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

> More often than not this code actually goes in the footer - and yes its a
> small chunk of code that you embed in your page.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>

> On Apr 20, 2007, at 11:04 PM, Chris Howe wrote:
>
> Hi Erik,
> I have no personal experience with Google Analytics, but I suspect
> you're looking to include a small chunk of code in the <head> section
> on every page in the ecommerce application?  If that is correct, then
> header.ftl is the correct location, however there are multiple
> header.ftl files in ofbiz. The one you're looking for for the ecommerce
> application is located at
>
> ofbiz.home/applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/includes/header.ftl
>
> hope that helps!
>
> --- EPaulson <er...@cymbalfusion.com> wrote:
>

> I am trying to set up Google Analytics for my site AND Google
> Webtools.
>
> Can anyone tell me where exactly to place the verfication <meta> tag
> for
> Google Verification AND where to place the
> code block for Analytics.  I've tried Header.ftl but it doesn't seem
> to be
> working.
>
> I searched the forum first, but could not find an answer...my
> apologies if
> it's been answered before.
>
> Thanks,
> Erik