Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Lowry <lc...@iona.com> on 2009/10/29 21:32:12 UTC

Can i use servicemix-http binding handle MTOM?

We want to use MTOM, so we configure our servicemix CXF-BC/CXF-SE as such and
things work great. Well, we also need HTTP/BASICAUTH. So instead of using
CXF-BC we want to use the SERVICEMIX-HTTP, which will handle the
HTTP/BASICAUTH for us. The plan is to use SERVICEMIX-HTTP component which
will forward messages to CXF-SE. My question is will the SERVICEMIX-HTTP
component facilitate the MTOM traffic the same as CXF-BC will? Is the HTTP
component just a pass-thru that will not corrupt/modify the serialized MTOM
into something else (e.g. base64.) This is important for us because if we
MUST use CXF-BC for MTOM traffic then we will need to implement our own
HTTP/BasicAuth at an interceptor level because CXF-BC doesn't provide that
out of the box, correct?
Thank you!

Re: Can i use servicemix-http binding handle MTOM?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lowry,

I'm not very clear if servicemix-http can support MTOM or not, other
guys can clarify this issue.

And for basic auth of cxf bc, yeah, if you want  to enable server
side(cxf bc consumer) basic auth, you need an interceptor to do it,
the basic idea is extract AuthorizationPolicy from the incoming
message and compare the username/password, but it's not so
complicated, here is a good article[1] to show how to do it.

If you want to use basic auth for client side (cxf bc provider), you
can just add configuration for http:conduit, something like
  <http:conduit
name="endpoint name...">
           <http:authorization>
              <sec:UserName>user</sec:UserName>
              <sec:Password>password</sec:Password>
           </http:authorization>
    </http:conduit>

which we've discussed several times on this mailling list.

[1]http://chrisdail.com/2008/03/31/apache-cxf-with-http-basic-authentication/

Freeman

On 2009-10-30, at 上午4:32, Lowry wrote:

> We want to use MTOM, so we configure our servicemix CXF-BC/CXF-SE as
> such and
> things work great. Well, we also need HTTP/BASICAUTH. So instead of
> using
> CXF-BC we want to use the SERVICEMIX-HTTP, which will handle the
> HTTP/BASICAUTH for us. The plan is to use SERVICEMIX-HTTP component
> which
> will forward messages to CXF-SE. My question is will the SERVICEMIX-
> HTTP
> component facilitate the MTOM traffic the same as CXF-BC will? Is
> the HTTP
> component just a pass-thru that will not corrupt/modify the
> serialized MTOM
> into something else (e.g. base64.) This is important for us because
> if we
> MUST use CXF-BC for MTOM traffic then we will need to implement our
> own
> HTTP/BasicAuth at an interceptor level because CXF-BC doesn't
> provide that
> out of the box, correct?
> Thank you!

Freeman Fang