Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bob Damato <bo...@coxtarget.com> on 2006/08/28 17:32:33 UTC

SSO cookie scenario

I'm attempting to use Slide to communicate with an Exchange server. I am
able to connect and retrieve information using basic auth so I know I'm
on the right track. The next thing I need to do is integrate our single
sign on cookie. I have been digging through the Slide javadocs and can't
seem to figure out exactly how I would attach a cookie to my initial
request.

Below is some code that is working for me (using basic auth). My goal is
to remove the NTCredentials piece and replace it with an encrypted
cookie that the server is already configured to accept for SSO.

HttpURL httpURL = new HttpURL("http://SERVER/exchange/USER/Inbox/");
NTCredentials ntc = new NTCredentials("USER", "PASSWORD", "HOST",
"DOMAIN");
WebdavResource wr = new WebdavResource(httpURL, ntc, WebdavResource.ALL,
0);
wr.setFollowRedirects(true);
WebdavResources resources = wr.getChildResources();

Any ideas how/where I would attach a cookie here?

Thanks!!!

_____________
Bob Damato
Cox Target Media
Internet Technology Manager
Largo, Florida

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall.  -- Confucius

Re: SSO cookie scenario

Posted by Martin Petras <pe...@skms.sk>.
Hi Bob,
try this solution:

HttpURL httpURL = new HttpURL("http://SERVER/exchange/USER/Inbox/");
NTCredentials ntc = new NTCredentials("USER", "PASSWORD", "HOST","DOMAIN");
WebdavResource wr = new WebdavResource(httpURL, ntc, WebdavResource.ALL,0);

// add cookie
   HttpClient client = webdavResource.getSessionInstance(httpURL);
   HttpState state = client.getState();
   state.addCookie( new Cookie(
        		"servername",
        		"cookieName",
        		"cookieValue",
        		"/",
        		null,
        		false
        		) );

wr.setFollowRedirects(true);
WebdavResources resources = wr.getChildResources();

Hope this helps
Martin

--
*/Martin Petráš/*