Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/11/27 19:10:10 UTC

S2 "Getting Started" buttons do not render under IE (was GoogleCode Maven ...)

The images are blank buttons that are being styled to add the captions.

scroll 0%; width:200px; min-height:80px;
float:left;position:relative;margin:5px">
style="top:15px;position:absolute;color:white;padding-left:10px">
Registry</span>
        </a>

I'm not much of HTML guru. Does anyone have an IE fix for this, or
should we use a different set of images? (The current approach also
works with Safari and Opera, just not IE.)

-Ted.

On Nov 27, 2007 12:49 PM, Frank W. Zammetti <fz...@omnytex.com> wrote:
> Ok, there appears to be an issue with the site then... when I view it in
> Macthon, my browser of choice, I don't see the buttons.  In FF I see them
> just fine.  I tried in IE7 as well and I see the same thing as Maxthon
> (which makes sense, since Maxthon is just a wrapper around IE).  I fiddled
> with zoom factors and font size, since that's typically what causes things
> like this, but even at default font size and zooming, the buttons are not
> there (I can send a screenshot if anyone would like).  It looks like, for
> whatever reason, the button graphics are not there, all I see is the text
> in white, so it blends with the background (partially... it slightly
> overlaps the gray bar there).
>
> Frank
>
> --
> Frank W. Zammetti
> Founder and Chief Software Architect
> Omnytex Technologies
> http://www.omnytex.com
> AIM/Yahoo: fzammetti
> MSN: fzammetti@hotmail.com
> Author of "Practical Ajax Projects With Java Technology"
>  (2006, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-695-1)
> and "JavaScript, DOM Scripting and Ajax Projects"
>  (2007, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-816-4)
> Java Web Parts - http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net
>  Supplying the wheel, so you don't have to reinvent it!
>

> On Tue, November 27, 2007 12:40 pm, Philip Luppens wrote:
> >> says

> >> Really?!?  I'm either the biggest idiot on the face of the planet (which
> >> some might say is true regardless, but I digress) or I'm a lot blinder
> >> than I thought... I don't see it.  It's not out of the realm of
> >> possibility that the proxy here at work has an older version of the page
> >> cached, I've seen that happen before, but I'm not seeing a big yellow
> >> button anywhere on struts.apache.org.  What part of the page
> >> specifically
> >> is it in?
> >
> > It's on the Struts 2 homepage [1], not the struts.apache.org one.
> >
> > [1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/
> >
> > - Phil

> >> Frank
> >>
> >> --
> >> Frank W. Zammetti
> >> Founder and Chief Software Architect
> >> Omnytex Technologies
> >> http://www.omnytex.com
> >> AIM/Yahoo: fzammetti
> >> MSN: fzammetti@hotmail.com
> >> Author of "Practical Ajax Projects With Java Technology"
> >>  (2006, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-695-1)
> >> and "JavaScript, DOM Scripting and Ajax Projects"
> >>  (2007, Apress, ISBN 1-59059-816-4)
> >> Java Web Parts - http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net
> >>  Supplying the wheel, so you don't have to reinvent it!

> > --
> > Software Architect - Hydrodesk
> > "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
> > violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods

HTH, Ted <http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>

Re: S2 "Getting Started" buttons do not render under IE (was GoogleCode Maven ...)

Posted by hu...@apache.org.
Thanks for the patch suggestion!

I'm uploading a new page now. It should rsync within the hour.

-Ted.

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Posted by Jim Cushing <ji...@mac.com>.
I don't have IE (nor a Windows machine), so I can't tell what the
problem is.

However, do the other two buttons ("Download Now" and "Get Started")
display? There should be three, equally sized buttons: blue, red,
yellow.

Posted by Jim Cushing <ji...@mac.com>.
Another note:

IE doesn't support the "min-height" CSS property. Try using "height"
instead (it may need to be done for each of the three buttons):