Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com> on 2006/08/25 20:25:52 UTC

code stats on OpenJPA

> You can get a feeling for what the JDO bindings for Kodo look like by
taking
> a look at the openjpa-persistence and openjpa-persistence-jdbc modules
in
> OpenJPA -- you'll notice that the bindings largely add spec behavior
to the
> core kernel. So the features available in the core kernel are
available to
> all bindings.

94% of codebase (in terms of filesize) are independent of JPA or JDO
spec-specified interfaces/classes. These are available in
openjpa-kernel/lib/jdbc package. The core kernel is subdivided into
object management (57%) and store management (37%) while object
managment being
independent of specific storage technology (a JDO legacy:).
6% code is JPA implementation following a facade pattern (available in
openjpa-persistence package) built on top of this kernel.

Pinaki Poddar
BEA Systems
415.402.7317

Posted by Marc Logemann <ml...@logemann.org>.
Hi,

sounds like you guys did a good job in factoring out the persistence
specs / APIs from the core.

--
regards
Marc Logemann