Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohun Biswas <m....@cleartool.com> on 2003/06/22 15:14:34 UTC

Tomcat/Eclipse tutorial?

Is there a how-to out there for getting started with Eclipse and Tomcat
together? I'm reasonably familiar with Tomcat but not Eclipse. To date I've
set up Eclipse, installed the sysdeo plug-in
(http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPlugin.html), and been able to use it
to start up Tomcat. But I haven't been able to figure out how to do things
like install and manage my webapp via Eclipse. Eventually I expect to use
Ant for build and webapp management but if there are basic tools built into
the Eclipse GUI for this I'd like to start there in order to partition the
problem of coming up to speed.

Specific help is appreciated, but it feels like there should be a URL
giving step-by-step instructions somewhere and that would be fine too. Is
there a John Turner in the Tomcat/Eclipse space?

TIA,
MB