Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org> on 2005/11/05 19:38:58 UTC

TCK : ImplicitParameters testResult

The ImplicitParameters test has a test called "testResult" that puts a parameter
in the result.
Let's leave aside why anyone would want to do this, other than insanity :-)
Looking at the result of the test (with JPOX CVS) I now get

    [java] expected: [[Ljava.lang.Object;@18e1286, [Ljava.lang.Object;@6231c0,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@b0740c, [Ljava.lang.Object;@92c969, [Ljava.lang.Object;@e54d6a]
    [java] got:      [[Ljava.lang.Object;@3d96b7, [Ljava.lang.Object;@171fdd8,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@d08216, [Ljava.lang.Object;@10c7af9, [Ljava.lang.Object;@5da750]

That is, JPOX returns a List of Object[], and the expected is a List of Object[].
Scanning through the test I don't see evidence that the test is checking the
results of each Object[], just comparing the object array objects which will
clearly have different object array references. Can someone please review the
test, and either correct it if it needs correcting, or get it to give more
information on the actual error here - is the object returned wrong?, is the
parameter returned wrong ?

Thx
--
Andy

Re: TCK : ImplicitParameters testResult

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Andy,

you are right, the current implementation of testing the query result
does not work in case of Object[]. Michael W. is currently working on
adding new TCK classes testing the query result handling (JDO-164). He
ran into the same problem and changed the code checking the query result
already. I expect this code being checked in early next week.

Regards Michael

>The ImplicitParameters test has a test called "testResult" that puts a parameter
>in the result.
>Let's leave aside why anyone would want to do this, other than insanity :-)
>Looking at the result of the test (with JPOX CVS) I now get
>
>    [java] expected: [[Ljava.lang.Object;@18e1286, [Ljava.lang.Object;@6231c0,
>[Ljava.lang.Object;@b0740c, [Ljava.lang.Object;@92c969, [Ljava.lang.Object;@e54d6a]
>    [java] got:      [[Ljava.lang.Object;@3d96b7, [Ljava.lang.Object;@171fdd8,
>[Ljava.lang.Object;@d08216, [Ljava.lang.Object;@10c7af9, [Ljava.lang.Object;@5da750]
>
>That is, JPOX returns a List of Object[], and the expected is a List of Object[].
>Scanning through the test I don't see evidence that the test is checking the
>results of each Object[], just comparing the object array objects which will
>clearly have different object array references. Can someone please review the
>test, and either correct it if it needs correcting, or get it to give more
>information on the actual error here - is the object returned wrong?, is the
>parameter returned wrong ?
>
>Thx
>--
>Andy