Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/11/13 23:40:29 UTC

tomee tuning

Hi folks!

A quick note about getting tomee a bit faster in big real world scenarios.

Tomcat 7.0.23 introduced a parallel start feature.
Please change to the following in your conf/server.xml:

      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" startStopThreads="4">

The startStopThreads will cause parallel boot and shutdown. Massively cutting down boot time if you have multiple webapps.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: tomee tuning

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Great...but not sure we are thread safe at all...we need to check tomcat
guarantee it or we need to update our code

Re: tomee tuning

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,