Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brad Isbell <bi...@seedsofgenius.com> on 2008/07/08 18:35:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Configure Options Not Recognized

I'm trying to compile apache (httpd-2.2.9) with ssl support on CentOS 4.6.

I run:
     # ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2 --enable-ssl
and I see:
      configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options:  --enable-ssl

So I figure maybe I would just enable all the modules with this command:
      # ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2 --enable-modules=all
and I see:
      configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options:  --enable-modules

In order to configure ssl support I had to modify the configure script
and make the following change:

    if test "${enable_ssl+set}" = set; then
       enableval=$enable_ssl
    else
       enable_ssl=no                      <-----  I change this to
enable_ssl=yes
    fi

This last one seemed to work because after I run make I find the
./modules/ssl directory which contains, among other files, a file called
mod_ssl.c

I think this is what I want, but what am I doing wrong with the original
configure commands?

Re: [users@httpd] Configure Options Not Recognized

Posted by Res <re...@ausics.net>.
Brad,

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Brad Isbell wrote:

> I'm trying to compile apache (httpd-2.2.9) with ssl support on CentOS 4.6.
>
> I run:
>    # ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2 --enable-ssl
> and I see:
>     configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options:  --enable-ssl

Don't worry about it, its later version of autoconf, it will apply all
your options to every sub configure, you can hide these warnings using
the option ' --disable-option-checking '

and --enabe-all-modules never has included ssl, that must be explicitly
included.

--
Cheers
Res

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
    a nicer place.

Re: [users@httpd] Configure Options Not Recognized

Posted by Brad Isbell <bi...@seedsofgenius.com>.
I've seen that before.  That's why I thought I had the syntax correct.

# ./configure -help | grep ssl
--enable-ssl                             SSL/TLS support (mod_ssl)
--enable-distcache                  Select distcache support in mod_ssl
--with-sslport=SSLPORT      Port on which to securelisten (defualt is 443)
--with-sslc=DIR                     RSA SSL-C SSL/TLS toolkit
--with-ssl=DIR                       OpenSSL SSL/TLS toolkit

The command
     # . /configure --with-modules=ssl
produces the following
     configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options --with-modules
(Same thing happens when I use --enable-modules=ssl)

--
Brad Isbell
Seeds of Genius Corporation

Re: [users@httpd] Configure Options Not Recognized

Posted by Carlos Eduardo Maiolino <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Brad,

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Brad Isbell <bi...@seedsofgenius.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to compile apache (httpd-2.2.9) with ssl support on CentOS 4.6.
>
> I run:
>    # ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2 --enable-ssl
> and I see:
>     configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options:  --enable-ssl
>
> So I figure maybe I would just enable all the modules with this command:
>     # ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2 --enable-modules=all
> and I see:
>     configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options:  --enable-modules
>

> In order to configure ssl support I had to modify the configure script and
> make the following change:
>
>   if test "${enable_ssl+set}" = set; then
>      enableval=$enable_ssl
>   else
>      enable_ssl=no                      <-----  I change this to
> enable_ssl=yes
>   fi
>
> This last one seemed to work because after I run make I find the
> ./modules/ssl directory which contains, among other files, a file called
> mod_ssl.c
>
> I think this is what I want, but what am I doing wrong with the original
> configure commands?

Att.
--
Carlos Eduardo Maiolino

Re: [users@httpd] Configure Options Not Recognized

Posted by Manik Taneja <mt...@movik.net>.
and for that to work you need to have autoconf and libtool installed

Posted by sisternicky <TE...@web.de>.