Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2011/06/08 10:19:52 UTC

Re: How to handle "java.lang.IllegalStateException: The EventAdmin is stopped" during shutdown

Hi Carsten,

It has been some time since I last tried newer versions of the
EventAdmin, but I am now testing the 1.2.12 version.
While I don't see the IllegalState problem any more, I do see a NPE
when shutting down the framework while sending events.
The stacktrace is:
Exception in thread "Event Test Generator" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.BlacklistingHandlerTasks.createHandlerTasks(BlacklistingHandlerTasks.java:116)
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:108)
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.security.EventAdminSecurityDecorator.sendEvent(EventAdminSecurityDecorator.java:94)
	at mc.product.fmcw.test.eventgenerator.FMCWGenerator$1.run(FMCWGenerator.java:55)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: How to handle "java.lang.IllegalStateException: The EventAdmin is stopped" during shutdown

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've created an issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2997

On 13 June 2011 18:22, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 08.06.11 10:19, schrieb Alexander Broekhuis:
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> It has been some time since I last tried newer versions of the
>> EventAdmin, but I am now testing the 1.2.12 version.
>> While I don't see the IllegalState problem any more, I do see a NPE
>> when shutting down the framework while sending events.
>> The stacktrace is:
>> Exception in thread "Event Test Generator" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>       at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.BlacklistingHandlerTasks.createHandlerTasks(BlacklistingHandlerTasks.java:116)
>>       at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:108)
>>       at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.security.EventAdminSecurityDecorator.sendEvent(EventAdminSecurityDecorator.java:94)
>>       at mc.product.fmcw.test.eventgenerator.FMCWGenerator$1.run(FMCWGenerator.java:55)
>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
>>

> Yes, I think I saw this one as well occasionally - can you please create
> an issue for this one?
> I'll take  care of it then.
>
> Regards
> Carsten
> --
> Carsten Ziegeler
> cziegeler@apache.org

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: How to handle "java.lang.IllegalStateException: The EventAdmin is stopped" during shutdown

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.