Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Warren Wessels <ww...@cevian.com> on 2002/05/03 09:01:36 UTC

Mailer taglib and scriptlet recipient problems.... Help!

Hi All,

I am trying to have a dynamic mail sent out based on some DB fields.
Namely, I want to do the following:

	<%@ page language="java"%>
	<%@ taglib uri="/mailer.tld" prefix="mailxfer" %>
	<head/>
	<mailxfer:mail server="1.2.3.4"  from="admin@domain.com"
subject="Your Account">
		<mailxfer:setrecipient type="to" address="<%=
userEmailAddress %>"/>
		<mailxfer:message type="html">hello!</mailxfer:message>
		<mailxfer:send/>
	</mailxfer:mail>

But, for some reason, the scriptlet in the setrecipient tag is not
working. The email doesn't go through.  If I hard code an email address
in the tag, it works!  Also, I have tried using a scriptlet in the :mail
tag, but that has not had an different results.

Is this a taglib bug? Does anyone have similar experience?  My
environment is Oracle8i 8.1.7r3 with Apache/Jserv running great, as far
as I can tell.  I have the .tld in my htdocs root, and the .jar in my
jserv.properties classpath.

Thanks for any help!

Warren Wessels

RE: Mailer taglib and scriptlet recipient problems.... Whoops

Posted by James Conway <ja...@gblx.net>.
got it, sorry

Posted by James Conway <ja...@gblx.net>.

Posted by Warren Wessels <ww...@cevian.com>.