Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Nilesh <ni...@morningstar.com> on 2018/08/27 09:26:27 UTC

Gemfire replacement to Apache Ignite | Guidance Require

Hello,

We are looking for Apache Ignite for Gemfire replacement. Current we are
facing following issues in Gemfire.

1. Disk store corruption.

2. Service suddenly stopped working.

3. Service takes more time to start and stop.

4. Data recovery time is more when node down in the cluster.

5. Wan replication is manual between cluster.

6. Session replication is not available.

To overcome these current issues faced in our organization, Is Apache Ignite
correct solution?
Will appreciate any replies, suggestions.

Current gemfire setup of our organization.

1.Gemfire version8

2.Two clusters in two regions.

3. Each cluster has 4 locators and 8 cache servers

-----
Thank you,
Nilesh

Re: Gemfire replacement to Apache Ignite | Guidance Require

Posted by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Nilesh.

You may need looking into GridGain distribution considering point 5, as
Apache Ignite does not offer WAN replication (cross cluster replication
I assume from you message) out of the box.

https://docs.gridgain.com/docs/data-center-replication

Best regards,
Evgeniy Ignatiev.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Yes, Ignite is an excellent alternative to GemFire. I personally came
across many replacements in various organizations.

--
Denis

Posted by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com>.
Sorry disregard my previous message, misread you points.