Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shailen <kh...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/16 08:43:28 UTC

Is brands supported in ofbiz ?

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to create manufacturers which I can
insert as parties. Manufacturers can have zero or more brands. Each
brand can have zero or more products.

  - Is brands supported in ofbiz ?  I have checked the data model but
not able to find.
  - If not what would be the best way to achieve this ?

IMO I should extend ofbiz data model and create a new brand table and
manufacturer-brand table.
Brand table would have all the brands and manufacturer-brand table would
have the manufacturer brand association.
Also extend the product table and include brandId as a drop-down.
Product has OEM Party ID(which I think is nothing but manufacturer) and
based on the OEM Party Id the brandId can be populated.

Any design pointers are much welcomed.

Shailen (khichi.shailendra@gmail.com)
+91-9216020360
Mohali, Chandigarh - 160062

Re: Is brands supported in ofbiz ?

Posted by Shailen <kh...@gmail.com>.
Yes Hans, Raj has got it right. We have brand name. A user can enter
anything in that free text field. Also if I select a particular
manufacturer then I should not be able to select brand of another
manufacturer. So I idea to introduce a new brand table and
manufacturer-brand table get points.

Regards,

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hans,

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

--
Ofbiz on twitter: http://twitter.com/apache_ofbiz
Myself on twitter: http://twitter.com/hansbak

Posted by Abhishake Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can give a type to category as brand category and restrict the
association with only one manufacturer.

Regards,
Abhsihake

Posted by Shailen <kh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishake Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you have product.manufacturerPartyId which is many from relationship
from party,

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Shailen sent the following on 12/15/2010 11:43 PM: