Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by jd...@amazon.com on 2000/12/11 09:07:25 UTC

Naming the mod_perl process $0

Hello, I have a question that may have a simple answer.

In order to satisfy some broader system dependencies I need to define my mod_perl process name.  By default $0 seems to get set to "/dev/null".  When I try to modify $0 in the Apache startup script or elsewhere apache dumps core.  I'm running Apache 1.3.9 with mod_perl 1.22 linked in on DEC alpha.

Can anyone think of a way that I could change it to not be "/dev/null"?

thanks for your help,

-john.

Re: Naming the mod_perl process $0

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Joshua Chamas wrote:

> > jdarrow@amazon.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello, I have a question that may have a simple answer.
> >
> > In order to satisfy some broader system dependencies I need to define my mod_perl process name.  By default $0 seems to get set to "/dev/null".
> > When I try to modify $0 in the Apache startup script or elsewhere apache dumps core.  I'm running Apache 1.3.9 with mod_perl 1.22 linked in on DEC
> > alpha.
> >

> local *0 = 'whatever'; # is how I do it

and the real name of the script if you are running under Registry and
friends can be derived from __PACKAGE__ or $r->filename

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/

Re: Naming the mod_perl process $0

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.