Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com> on 2017/11/03 14:30:11 UTC

FB : Strange side effects of -js-output argument

(my setup : FlashBuilder 4.7, Windows, Apache Royale 0.9 binaries)

In some of my previous posts, I have tried to explain how to setup FB and
also the problems I got with code-assist (auto-complete) not working
properly.
I also suggested a "working" setup of FB.

Now, I have a *very* strange issue :

If I add "-js-output=somepath" to the compiler arguments (from "Project >
Properties > Flex compiler" tab), code-assist is lost !!!! (almost
entirely). (side note : the project compiles without errors, and output is
in fact directed to (somepath)).

If I remove the argument, code-assist is back ! (of course, output is
directed to the bin/js-debug inside the project folder as it should)

My flex-config.xml is the one that ships with the binaries distribution.

The project is a basic "hello world" project (one view, one label).
The js-output folder name has no spaces in it.

Note that when *adding" the -js-output parameter and validating the dialog,
I get a "realtime error processor" from FB. After closing and restrarting
FB, that error disappears, but it clearly shows that some active process get
lost in the dark... I suspect the active "realtime" process is code-assist.

Is it possible that the handling of this argument changes something inside
the internal paths used by FB for the current project ??? Maybe it is just a
matter of "restoring" the changed values after the compiler runs ???

And while I am at it, what are the *current* (0.9) values for -targets
argument for js output ? (JS ? RoyaleJS ? JSRoyale ? JSFlex ???)

Nicolas Granon

RE: FB : Strange side effects of -js-output argument

Posted by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com>.
As I said, it is not such a big deal for now (for us!).

Also, there was a small but important typo in my message.
We tried :

	<js-output>
		<path-element>/myoutputdir</path-element>
	</js-output>

with a closing </path-element>, of course...

When you are at it, it seems that royale specific arguments are not listed when executing :

Mxmlc -help list (with or without "advanced" param)

Except "compiler.info.royale" (undocumented ?)

Finally, it seems that when compiling for JSRoyale target, the :
	<js:valuesImpl>
		<js:SimpleCSSValuesImpl/>
	</js:valuesImpl>
tag must be present is the root file, otherwise we get nothing displayed in the browser (but compile is ok).

Maybe, for js output, additional warnings would be useful ? (like proper succession of <Application/>, <valuesImpl/>, <initialView/> tags...?
At this time, if the developer messes those, compiler outputs very cryptic errors... (like "generated byte code contains an operand stack underflow"...not very helpful !)

That is probably not "top priority", though.

Regarding code-assist, if FB setup is correctly made (left alone the js compiler arguments issue), code assist seems to work almost fine.

Nicolas Granon

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.