Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Etingin, Eugene" <Eu...@bnymellon.com> on 2014/04/09 18:24:55 UTC

No action instance for path /welcomeAction could be created

Dear Struts Experts

Can somebody please help me with this problem? I am deploying war file on Weblogic. The application is done with Struts,

struts-config

<action-mappings>
<action path="/welcomeAction" type="com.refdata.welcome.WelcomeAction">
<forward name="welcomePage" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/common/index.jsp"/>
</action>

WelcomAction.java

/**
* <p><component description>.
* </p>
* <br><br>
*
* Name Date Description
* ----------------------------------------------------------<br>
*
*/

package com.refdata.welcome;

import com.refdata.common.Constants;
import com.refdata.common.RDMException;
import com.refdata.common.SessionInfo;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;
import java.util.Date;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpSession;
import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionError;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessage;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages;

public class WelcomeAction extends Action {
final Log log = LogFactory.getLog("com.refdata.welcome");

public WelcomeAction() {
}

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) throws IOException,
ServletException {
System.out.println("I am in WelcomeAction");
SessionInfo sessionInfo = new SessionInfo();
HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
// HttpSession session = null;
String returnPage = null;

try {
if (session.isNew()) {
session = request.getSession();
}

String userId = (request.getParameter("User_Id") == null ? "Guest" : request.getParameter("User_Id"));
//String userEdit = userId == "Guest"?"N":"Y";
String userEdit = (request.getParameter("user_edit") == null) ? "N" : request.getParameter("user_edit") ;
String sessionId = session.getId();
long currDateTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
Date myDate = new Date(currDateTime);
SimpleDateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat(Constants.DATE_FORMAT);
sessionInfo.setUserId(userId);
sessionInfo.setUserEdit(userEdit);
sessionInfo.setStrSessionId(sessionId);

sessionInfo.setBusinessDate(dateFormat.format(myDa te));
session.setAttribute("SessionInfo", sessionInfo);
returnPage = "welcomePage";
}
catch (Exception e) {
RDMException rdmEx = new RDMException(e);
errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new ActionError("error.systemError.label1"));
errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new ActionError("error.systemError.label2", rdmEx.getMessage()));
errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new ActionError("error.systemError.label3", rdmEx.getExceptionTrail()));
errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new ActionError("error.commonMessage.label"));
saveErrors(request, errors);
returnPage = "errorPage";
}

return mapping.findForward(returnPage);
}
}

web.xml
<servlet>
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
<init-param>
<param-name>config</param-name>
</init-param>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<!-- Struts Action Servlet Mappings -->
<!-- Note that because Struts takes the *last* mapping here as the extension to add to
actions posted from forms, we must have *.do come after *.jpf. -->
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

URL

http ://localhost:7001/RDM/welcomeAction.do

I would greatly appreciate any help

Thank you

Eugene

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to European legal entities.

RE: No action instance for path /welcomeAction could be created

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
> > Anything in the logs?
> No, nothing at all

Is your logging setup properly?
can you see any log messages like server startup?

RE: No action instance for path /welcomeAction could be created

Posted by "Etingin, Eugene" <Eu...@bnymellon.com>.
No, nothing at all

Thank you

Eugene Etingin

212-815-3393 Land line
646-886-7790 Cell

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Anything in the logs?

Posted by "Etingin, Eugene" <Eu...@bnymellon.com>.
My configuration is very basic.  I just use all the defaults.  The only thing, I typed is RDM for the deployment

Thank you

Eugene Etingin

A 500 error means server error. I bet your configuration has a typo or something. Struts won't service anything until you review your logs and correct what's wrong.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > http ://localhost:7001/RDM/welcomeAction.do
> >
> > I would greatly appreciate any help
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Eugene
> >

> > The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is
> confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient.
> Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any
> information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized.
> If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the
> sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep
> e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either
> are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.
> >
> > Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain
> disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Etingin, Eugene" <Eu...@bnymellon.com>.
Hi Eric,

Appreciate your prompt response

1.	I am trying to modify an old application as more functionality has been requested.  The app is working in production.  I just need to make it working in my own development environment.
2.	I have removed all the comments - did not help
3.	I have tried port 7101 - got a 'Network busy' error
4.	The entire struts-config contains form definition.  WelcomeAction, though does not have associated form

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'windows-1252'?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.1//EN" "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd">
<struts-config>
  <form-beans>
    <form-bean name="brokerForm" type="com.refdata.broker.BrokerForm" />
    <form-bean name="custodyForm" type="com.refdata.custody.CustodyForm" />
    <form-bean name="depositoryForm" type="com.refdata.depository.DepositoryForm" />
    <form-bean name="cashAccountForm" type="com.refdata.cashaccount.CashAccountForm" />
    <form-bean name="relAccountForm" type="com.refdata.relaccount.RelAccountForm" />
  </form-beans>

  <global-forwards>
    <forward name="errorPage" path="/resources/jsp/common/ErrorPage.jsp"/>
  </global-forwards>

  <action-mappings>
	<action path="/welcomeAction" type="com.refdata.welcome.WelcomeAction">
			<forward name="welcomePage" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/common/index.jsp"/>
    </action>

	<action path="/brokerAction" type="com.refdata.broker.BrokerAction" name="brokerForm"
            parameter="mode" scope="session">

			<forward name="brokerSearch" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/broker/BrokersList.jsp"/>
			<forward name="editBroker" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/broker/EditBroker.jsp"/>
			<forward name="confirmEdit" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/broker/ConfirmationPage.jsp"/>
    </action>

	<action path="/custodyAction" type="com.refdata.custody.CustodyAction" name="custodyForm"
            parameter="mode" scope="session">

			<forward name="custodySearch" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/custody/CustodiesList.jsp"/>
			<forward name="editCustody" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/custody/EditCustody.jsp"/>
			<forward name="confirmEdit" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/custody/ConfirmationPage.jsp"/>
    </action>

	<action path="/depositoryAction" type="com.refdata.depository.DepositoryAction" name="depositoryForm"
            parameter="mode" scope="session">

			<forward name="depositorySearch" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/depository/DepositoriesList.jsp"/>
			<forward name="editDepository" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/depository/EditDepository.jsp"/>
			<forward name="addDepository" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/depository/AddDepository.jsp"/>
			<forward name="confirmEdit" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/depository/ConfirmationPage.jsp"/>
    </action>

	<action path="/cashAccountAction" type="com.refdata.cashaccount.CashAccountAction" name="cashAccountForm"
            parameter="mode" scope="session">

			<forward name="cashActSearch" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/cashaccount/CashAccountsList.jsp"/>
			<forward name="editCashAct" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/cashaccount/EditCashAccount.jsp"/>
			<forward name="addCashAct" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/cashaccount/AddCashAccount.jsp"/>
			<forward name="confirmEdit" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/cashaccount/ConfirmationPage.jsp"/>
    </action>

	<action path="/relAccountAction" type="com.refdata.relaccount.RelAccountAction" name="relAccountForm"
            parameter="mode" scope="session">

			<forward name="relActSearch" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/relaccount/RelAccountsList.jsp"/>
			<forward name="editRelAct" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/relaccount/EditRelAccount.jsp"/>
			<forward name="addRelAct" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/relaccount/AddRelAccount.jsp"/>
			<forward name="confirmEdit" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/relaccount/ConfirmationPage.jsp"/>
			<forward name="changedAccounts" contextRelative="true" path="/resources/jsp/relaccount/ChangedAccountsList.jsp"/>
    </action>
  </action-mappings>

  <!--<message-resources parameter="com.refdata.properties.ApplicationResources" null="false"/>-->
  <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources" null="false"/>

</struts-config>

Thank you

Eugene Etingin

Posted by Eric Reed <ER...@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>.
> [...]

HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) throws IOException,
ServletException {
System.out.println("I am in WelcomeAction");
SessionInfo sessionInfo = new SessionInfo();
HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
// HttpSession session = null;
String returnPage = null;

try {
if (session.isNew()) {
session = request.getSession();
}

String userId = (request.getParameter("User_Id") == null ? "Guest" : request.getParameter("User_Id"));
//String userEdit = userId == "Guest"?"N":"Y";
String userEdit = (request.getParameter("user_edit") == null) ? "N" : request.getParameter("user_edit") ;
String sessionId = session.getId();
long currDateTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
Date myDate = new Date(currDateTime);