Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 17:27:12 UTC

Re: Dynamic Class Loader sometimes needs restart

Hi Vidar,

What version of the Felix Declarative Services bundle are you using ?

I know that the latest release (1.0.8) has some issues rebinding
dependencies. This (and much more) has been fixed in Felix Declarative
Services trunk.

Maybe it would help upgrading ?

Regards
Felix

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vidar,

Vidar Ramdal schrieb:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Vidar Ramdal schrieb:

>>> Yes, I'm using 1.0.8.

>>> For some reason, the repository won't start at all when I use the
>>> trunk build of Declarative Services. I'll see if I can find out more.
>>>
>> This is a backwards compatibility issue: You have to set the
>> ds.factory.enabled context property to true (e.g. in the
>> sling.properties file) to enable a non-spec feature which is used by the
>> Jackrabbit Server bundle.
>
> Yep, now the repository starts, and the symptoms of SLING-1163 [1] are
> gone. Thanks!

Phew ! I am releived ;-) Thanks for the feedback.

> Does that mean we should resolve SLING-1163, or keep it open until we
> upgrade to a new Felix DS release?

I would say, we keep 1163 as the issue to track the update to Felix DS
1.0.2. I will take it over and do it once the vote has finished.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway

Re: Dynamic Class Loader sometimes needs restart

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What version of the Felix Declarative Services bundle are you using ?
>
> I know that the latest release (1.0.8) has some issues rebinding
> dependencies. This (and much more) has been fixed in Felix Declarative
> Services trunk.

Yes, I'm using 1.0.8.