Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Hugo Burm <hu...@xs4all.nl> on 2006/04/23 10:56:58 UTC

Jackrabbit 1.0 running under .NET

Hello list,

Just a small message that I have Jackrabbit 1.0 running under .NET.
I compiled the java jar's (including jackrabbit-core-1.0.jar and
derby.jar) from JVM code into .NET assemblies with the ikvmc.exe
compiler (see http://www.ikvm.net/).

I translated the three entry level demo's "FirstHop, SecondHop and
ThirdHop" into C#. The demo's are running fine from within Visual Studio
2005.

Too early to mention anything about usability, performance and
stability. But Derby seems to run ok.

At the moment I do not know yet whether I am actually going to use this.
If yes, it will be in a client-server environment. The client will be
.NET. The server side is still open.

If somebody is interested in the batch scripts that compile the jar's
into the .NET assemblies or in the C#  Hop demo's, let me know.

Hugo Burm

Re: How to unregister NodeTypes ?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 4/23/06, Dirk V. Schesmer <di...@mac.com> wrote:
> I am trying to unregister a custom node type "myapp:User" by executing:
> [...]
> As a result when executing the code, I get reported
> "javax.jcr.RepositoryException: not yet implemented"
>
> Am I doing something incorrectly? If not, is there a work around ?

Unfortunately node type modification or removal is not much supported
by Jackrabbit at the moment. The feature request JCR-322 is used to
track this issue.

The safest workaround to modifying or removing existing types is to
create a new repository and use the system view XML format to transfer
existing content.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: How to unregister NodeTypes ?

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
the proper unregistration of nodetypes is not fully implemented in
jackrabbit yet (as the exception mentions). the method that is missing
should provide a check, if any node still uses the respective
nodetype.

nevertheless, if you anyways want to unregister a nodetype, either:

1) shutdown the repository, edit the custom_nodetypes.xml, and restart it again

or

2) edit the NodeTypeRegistry.java and remove the exception in
"checkForReferencesInContent()" (around line 1719).

please note, that both solutions do not check if content exists that
use that nodetype.

regards, toby

On 4/23/06, Dirk V. Schesmer <di...@mac.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am trying to unregister a custom node type "myapp:User" by executing:
>
> QName quName = new QName("myapp", "User");
> NodeTypeManagerImpl ntMgr = (NodeTypeManagerImpl) session.getWorkspace
> ().getNodeTypeManager();
> NodeTypeRegistry ntreg = ntMgr.getNodeTypeRegistry();
> ntreg.unregisterNodeType(quName);
>
> As a result when executing the code, I get reported
> "javax.jcr.RepositoryException: not yet implemented"
>
> Am I doing something incorrectly? If not, is there a work around ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Dirk V. Schesmer
> Stuttgart/Germany

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

How to unregister NodeTypes ?

Re: Jackrabbit 1.0 running under .NET

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 4/23/06, Hugo Burm <hu...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Just a small message that I have Jackrabbit 1.0 running under .NET.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing this.

> If somebody is interested in the batch scripts that compile the jar's
> into the .NET assemblies or in the C#  Hop demo's, let me know.

It would be nice to have your build scripts and code as a contrib
subproject. Would you care to package them up (a zip file is fine)
with a small README file and contribute them through a Jira issue?

BR,

Jukka Zitting