Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Travis <tr...@coldblue.net> on 2012/07/31 03:23:10 UTC

XWPF - Finding/Replacing Text

I use a Java server product called ColdFusion, which has the ability to load
JARS and directly work with Java objects. I want to use XWPF to manipulate
documents (docx) by finding and replacing placeholders. These placeholders
will be located inside paragraphs, and the placeholders themselves might be
spread across multiple runs (since Word like to do that). I was going to do
this with ColdFusion's built-in XML functions...but searching/replacing text
across multiple runs made my head hurt.

Does anybody have examples of replacing text with XWPF?

Thank you.