Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> on 2019/10/06 22:19:52 UTC

Press Release for DRAT v1.0 [was: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache DRAT 1.0 RC 2]

Thank you, Chris.

Yes, of course. I will be happy to help with a press release. Will you be serving as my primary point-of-contact should I need assistance?

I'll be needing a quote from Tom Barber as VP 😇

Also, are you planning to include third party testimonials? If so, the PMC will need to solicit those (no more than ~5).

Many thanks for your help with this!

Warmly,
Sally

+ copying press@ to ensure everyone's in the loop...

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

Re: [EXTERNAL] Press Release for DRAT v1.0 [was: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache DRAT 1.0 RC 2]

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Ack. I'm on it. Thanks, everyone!

- - -

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019, at 18:51, Chris Mattmann wrote:
>  Yes this is correct, Sally!

> *From: *Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>
> *Date: *Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 3:51 PM
> *To: *Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>, "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>, Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>
> *Cc: *ASF Marketing & Publicity <pr...@apache.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [EXTERNAL] Press Release for DRAT v1.0 [was: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache DRAT 1.0 RC 2]

> Thank you, Tom. That was quick!

> I'll use this as a starting point. The v1.0 release is two years in the making, yes?

> Best,

> Sally

> - - -

> Vice President Marketing & Publicity

> Vice President Sponsor Relations

> The Apache Software Foundation

> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

> On Sun, Oct 6, 2019, at 18:36, Tom Barber wrote:

>> Hey Sally

>> Happy to oblige, something like this:

>> Whilst a long time in coming I think I speak for the whole community how exciting it is to release DRAT 1.0 which combines the power of a number of Apache projects and new user interface to make it easier for users to scan large amounts of source code for their license compliance and now view the results in a graphical form. With the 1.0 release we look forward to wider adoption and with our new UI, easier use for end users new to the platform.

>> ?

>> Thanks

>> Tom

>> On 6 October 2019 at 15:21:38, Chris Mattmann (mattmann@apache.org) wrote:

>>> Perfect, thanks Sally yes I can be the PoC, let’s get a quote from Tom Barber.

>>> As for Third Party Testimonials, how about David Mittmann from JPL and/or Chris Delp from JPL.

>>> We should also get a quote from Philip Otilinger, and/or Imesha Sudhasinga.

>>> Thanks,

>>> Chris

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Yes this is correct, Sally!

*From: *Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Tom. That was quick!

*From: *Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>
*Date: *Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 3:20 PM
*To: *Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>, "dev@drat.apache.org" <
dev@drat.apache.org>, Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>
*Cc: *ASF Marketing & Publicity <pr...@apache.org>
*Subject: *[EXTERNAL] Press Release for DRAT v1.0 [was: [CANCEL] [VOTE]

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Next 1.5 weeks would be good no super rush or anything

From: Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>
Date: Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 4:23 PM
To: Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>, "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>, Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>
Cc: ASF Marketing & Publicity <pr...@apache.org>

That's perfect --a good mix of JPL and industry. Love that balance.

Can y'all confirm timeframe? Just want to make sure we have sufficient time to draft, etc.

Cheers and chat soon,

Sally

- - -

Vice President Marketing & Publicity

Vice President Sponsor Relations

The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019, at 18:43, Chris Mattmann wrote:

Thanks Sally another one is Eric Whyne, CEO of Data Machines.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericwhyne/

Philipp Ottlinger is one of the DRAT PMC, and I think he works in industry:

https://github.com/ottlinger

Karanjeet Singh on the PMC and works for the Apple Siri team

Imesha is the Apache OODT VP, and he also works in industry at Enactor:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/imeshasudasingha/?originalSubdomain=lk

So those are some great options!

Cheers,

Chris

*From: *Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>

*Date: *Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 3:32 PM

*To: *Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>, "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>, Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>

*Cc: *ASF Marketing & Publicity <pr...@apache.org>

OK great; thanks, Chris. That's a good plan.

I don't want _too_ much JPL (although it is warranted) --not sure who Philip and Imesha are. If there is any chance we can also include corporate/enterprise users in the mix, that would be good to have.

What's our timeframe?

Cheers,

Sally

- - -