Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/08/08 16:29:21 UTC

A new PMC member for Xalan?

Before I throw this one open to a vote by the PMC members how about some
discussion.

Dave Bertoni has been a very solid committer for Xalan-C for a long time.
After the Xalan-J 2.7.1 release is out I'd like to extend Dave an
invitation to join the PMC for Xalan and if he accepts bring it to a vote.
PMC members, what do you think?

- Brian

Re: A new PMC member for Xalan?

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Brian Minchau wrote:

> Before I throw this one open to a vote by the PMC members how about some
> discussion.
>
> Dave Bertoni has been a very solid committer for Xalan-C for a long time.
> After the Xalan-J 2.7.1 release is out I'd like to extend Dave an
> invitation to join the PMC for Xalan and if he accepts bring it to a vote.
> PMC members, what do you think?

It thinks it's great! ;-)

I've just started a new job this week, so I will need to make sure this is
OK.  I should know by early next week if I can do it.

Thanks!

Dave

Re: A new PMC member for Xalan?

Posted by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>.
Great idea;

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
08/08/2007 10:29 AM
Please respond to
xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject
A new PMC member for Xalan?

Before I throw this one open to a vote by the PMC members how about some
discussion.

Dave Bertoni has been a very solid committer for Xalan-C for a long time.
After the Xalan-J 2.7.1 release is out I'd like to extend Dave an
invitation to join the PMC for Xalan and if he accepts bring it to a vote.
PMC members, what do you think?

- Brian

Re: A new PMC member for Xalan?

Posted by ke...@us.ibm.com.
I'm not a PMC member, but given that Dave basically *is* the Xylem-C team
<grin/> I'd certainly consider this appropriate.

______________________________________
"... Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,
A semaphore untested, And the change that comes along. ..."
  -- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish
(http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)

Re: A new PMC member for Xalan?

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2007-08-08 10:29:21 AM:
> After the Xalan-J 2.7.1 release is out I'd like to extend Dave an
> invitation to join the PMC for Xalan and if he accepts bring it to a
vote.
> PMC members, what do you think?

I think that's an excellent idea.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      XSLT Processors Development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com

Re: A new PMC member for Xalan?

Posted by Ramesh Mandava <Ra...@Sun.COM>.

> Good idea  !!